Varian Clinac IX with Rapid Arc
This powerful workhorse treats thousands of patients around the world every day. Designed to deliver a wide range of imaging and patient treatment options, the Clinac system offers advanced features to facilitate state-of-the-art treatments including IMRT, IGRT, RapidArc and stereotactic body radiotherapy.
Rapid Arc delivers the precise dose distribution and conformity of IMRT and IGRT in a fraction of the time, often two minutes or less. By simultaneously shortening treatment times and improving treatment accuracy.
These latest radiation therapy treatment techniques offers advantages of
- Delivering higher dose to the target- tumor thereby increasing cancer control rates
- Decreasing side effects and long term complications by reducing dose to the nearby normal organs such as spinal cord, heart, lungs etc..
- 24 channel or 3 channel system
- Unique design ultra-flexible solid core source cable, Iridium-192 source
- High dose rate (HDR) and so shorter treatment time
- OPD treatment, no need to stay in bed for long time
- Intra-cavitary brachytherapy for cancers of uterus and cervix
- Painless and comfortable procedure
- Interstitial implants for soft tissue sarcomas, tongue cancers