What is Nuclear Medicine?
- Nuclear Medicine is a medical speciality that uses safe, painless, and cost-effective techniques both to image the body and treat disease.
- Nuclear imaging is unique in that it documents both organ function and morphology.Gamma ray emitting radiotracer is injected intravenously and non-invasive imaging is performed with state-of-the-art Dual Head Gamma Camera (GE Millennium VG)
Why Nuclear Scan?
When we already have X-ray, Ultrasound, CT & MRI, why do we need this?
- It provides unique functional information from cellular and molecular levels which is not possible with other modalities.
- It is an extremely sensitive technique
- It provides dynamic and quantitative information
- It enables objective and prognostic assessment of disease